Saturday 30 November 2013

Some old ones from 2003

I found four reviews from 2003. There are many more, somewhere. The variables, I notice, are somewhat different from the later ones, but never mind

The first is from, I think, a trip to see my sister in Wiltshire, in the company of Mr Nicolas Bloomfield. An interesting trip. The walls of the hotel room, paper thin, I remember. However, this is a review of bars, not hotels. So....
So...

The Crown, Nr. Marlborough, Wiltshire



Now a couple of reviews done with Mr Thomas Hamilton, with whom I've now lost contact, sadly.   The first, The Royal Oak in Columbia Road. Then, a grubby pub. Grubby in a fun sort of way. Long since gastrophied. Possibly no longer there at all.

The Royal Oak, Columbia Road.



Next, The Fox in Wilson Street (near Old St). Again, marked with Thomas H. We used to work down the road.  Work, drinking, more work. What fun it was at the time.

The Fox, Wilson Street.

Finally, another excursion with Nicolas B - we liked this one a lot, but for the life of me I can't now remember why. I think I only went there once. Certainly, it's not stayed in my memory. The mark for music suggests I was in my cups when marking, which might explain something.

Black Horse (Bleak House?) Mile End Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment